Dalene Heck is one half of traveling duo Hecktic Travels, one of the OG travel bloggers and winners of National Geographic Travelers of the Year in 2014. Dalene is the Chief Storyteller, Ladyboss at Hecktic Media Inc., and slayer of Leukemia. She was schooled in business and spent her twenties as a corporate climber, before discovering her true passions while on the road. Dalene and her husband Pete have been house sitting since before it was cool, and in fact, their blog is how we first found out about house sitting!
Connect with Dalene on Instagram @HeckticTravels, read their website at HeckticTravels.com, and get their house sitting e-book, How to Become a House Sitter and See the World.
Listen to the episode below or on your favorite podcast app. Just search House Sitting Travel in your app of choice or click these links: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
We talk about:
- Dalene and Pete’s many house sitting adventures
- How they found out about house sitting and their first house sit
- Unique experiences that could only have happened through house sitting
- Shifting to becoming pet owners and having house sitters themselves
- The connection with pets
- The house sitting community
- How they became National Geographic Travelers of the Year
- Much more
Connect with us:
Email us: https://thehousesittingpodcast.com/contact/
Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/housesittingtravel/
Our book: The House Sitting Handbook
20% off TrustedHousesitters